415% Increased Transactions on India’s #1 platform for trading unlisted shares
Unlisted shares are securities or financial instruments that are not listed in the stock market. An unlisted public company is one which is not listed on any stock exchange but can have an unlimited number of shareholders to raise capital for any commercial venture.
Unlisted Assets is a leading platform facilitating buying, selling and exploring unlisted shares in India through a transparent and secure process, leveraging intelligence and technology for a seamless transactional experience.
The main goal of this project is to create a multi-device MVP to empower various users to trade shares for unlisted companies in a transparent and seamless escrow environment.
The second goal is to create a smooth experience so as to increase conversions of investors from offline to online trading.
I recently worked with XTA for a UX audit and was impressed with their level of expertise and professionalism. The team took the time to understand our business and users, resulting in a thorough and insightful audit report. The report was easy to understand and full of actionable insights and recommendations. Their attention to detail was impressive, and they were able to identify areas for improvement that we had not considered.
I would highly recommend XTA to anyone looking for a comprehensive UX audit. Their team truly understands the importance of good user experience and brings a level of expertise that is unparalleled.
Our WOB Strategy
Transactions on a fintech product like Unlisted Assets can be very huge, hence investors mostly like to use the web application. We, therefore, follow a bespoke web-first approach, where we first create the platform in web size, and then rearrange it for smaller sizes.
- Conducted a thorough audit of the platform to identify the problem areas.
- Based on recordings and heatmaps, understood how users interact with the platform.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and user surveys to validate the problems in real time.
- Conducted competitive analysis to understand the market.
- Redesigned wireframes and user flows based on our research.
- Converted the wireframes into final screens.
- Optimised it for mobile responsiveness.
- Solved for the issues uncovered in our diagnosis.
- Developed and released the new user flows.
- Conducted regular quality assurance tests.
- Observed the changes in analytics and user behaviour after every new release.
- Increased traffic on the platform.
- Smoother navigation for users.
- Regular updates and new features.
Measuring Business Growth
The online platform for Unlisted Assets showcases every aspect of the unlisted shares market in a way that potential customers can understand, navigate and easily complete transactions. The result to date is a mobile-responsive, easy to use platform that targets retail investors.
Our WOB strategy has led to a substantial growth in the performance of their online platform. Using Google Analytics, following improvements in performance have been identified:
- Bounce Rate: -4.8%
- New Users: +237%
- Total Users:
- Page Views: 329%
- Number of Sessions per User: +26.7%
Total Sessions: 332%
Things We Did Differently
Based on the pain points we discovered, we applied the following changes to the experience of the platform-
- Redesigned the marketplace page for the users to navigate in an optimal way.
- Based on user surveys, redesigned the company information page to display the exact information
- the users are looking for.
- Introduced sell and negotiate features to eliminate expensive middlemen.
- Focused on being transparent with the users.
- Introduced informative study material for new investors.